Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Updates on the Wedding

Lots to update, so much that I probably will forget stuff!

So, first off, I spent a week at home after the spring semester ended and before starting to work, doing wedding stuff. We put down deposits on a reception hall and a photographer, ordered our flowers, hired a baker for the cake and got our engagement pictures done. Those are up on Facebook, but I will try and add a photo stream here soon so people who aren't on Facebook can see them as well. I also picked out and bought my wedding dress, I cried when I tried it on, it is the fourth or fifth one that I tried on, but it is so perfect! I also picked out my bridesmaid dresses and most of them have ordered them as well. I also ran across some amazing material for a flower girl dress and I made that this past weekend. I still need to add the straps, but to do that I need to have the little lady try it on first! :) She will look amazing. The vests and ties have been picked out from Sempliner's and the groomsmen need to be measured and those need to be ordered too.

Our guest list has been finalized and we are going to order the invitations soon, they are so pretty. We were very lucky to find these. We had our first marriage counseling session and will have another in two weeks. Everything is coming together and I love how I visualize it in my head! I made the pew bows, the card box and we are working on various other aspects as well.

Another note about the registries. Meijer doesn't do registries anymore, so we didn't end up registering there. But, our Bed, Bath and Beyond registry number is 5161189 and our JC Penney registry number is 00977451. If you search by name, they are our full names, so Jennifer instead of Jenny, etc. We also have hotel information for those who need it that will be up here and included in the invitations.

I'm sure I'll remember more to update later, but that's all for now. Besides, I can't tell you everything, it wouldn't be as magical for you then!

No comments: